When you’re planning a wedding, there are many stresses and worries and lots of decisions to make. One of the most important is selecting the right wedding photographer. Here are a few questions you should ask when you’re interviewing photographers:
1) Do you have a photo gallery of past events?
The best way to know the quality of the photographer’s work is to actually see examples.
2) What kind of experience have you had and how long have you been in business?
A good photographer will have a variety of experience not just with weddings, but also with corporate events, birthdays, bar mitsvahs, bat mitzvahs and other special occasions.
3) What does the pricing include?
How many hours, and how many pictures? Get very specific with what each package plan includes so that you don’t have any surprises.
4) How do you handle the picture taking? Will you have a coordinator to make sure everyone is lined up ?
On your wedding day, everything is happening so quickly. You don’t want to be worrying if you got all the pictures you wanted. Make sure to make a list of who you want in each picture and make sure your photographer has a plan on how to make sure none of them is missed.
5) What happens if you’re sick or have an emergency on the day of the wedding? What is your back up plan?
Life happens. As long as we have a plan b , there’s no concern. So make sure you know what your photographers plan B is.
6) How does proofing of the pictures work and can I get an album created?
Some photographers just take the pictures and it’s up to you to get the album made. Make sure to ask if they provide that service.